Friday, February 18, 2011

Because Sometimes 140 Characters Isn't Enough

So, here we go. I've started a blog. I know, I'm a little late to the party. Here's the thing, I never felt the need to blog, because I figured nobody cared what I had to say about this, that or the other thing. But I really enjoy writing. And I enjoy the sense of community that can come from being online. And I'd like a chance to extend my place in that community.

Sure, you can watch me on television -- but there are limits to what I can say or do on the newscast. And I have a boss.

You can also find me on facebook -- but a lot of people are on facebook. And a single post can be lost among your dozens, hundreds or thousands of friends.

Finally, you can follow me on twitter -- but sometimes 140 characters isn't enough.

So, I'll use this space to write about all kinds of things. Maybe it'll be a news story that gets my attention. Perhaps it'll be a parenting dilemma I run into while dealing with my children. One day I may just gush about something I love. And I guarantee I'll vent about sports. (I'm a Mets fan, there's a lot about which to vent.)

So, I hope that you'll stop by, read and join the conversation by leaving a comment. Got a question? Ask away -- you'll probably inspire a blog topic.

See. I couldn't have said all that in 140 characters.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogophere, Chris. Write whatever you feel - I'm sure you will get interesting and varied responses.

    ReplyDelete